Online MHFA course – 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th December 2020
We are now taking bookings for the next Online MHFA Course, open to delegates from a variety of companies and organisations across different industries.
The course will be run by our very experienced MHFA instructor, who is also a wellbeing coach and qualified counsellor. It will be a very interesting, informative and well-run course.
Contents of the course:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- An understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
Get in touch for more information or to book your place on the course: [email protected]
Mental Health First Aid Training Course – 22nd March and 2nd April, High Street Kensington, London
Our next two day MHFA training course is now open! If you’d like to book your place on the course, please get in touch – [email protected]
The course will be at one of our client company’s premises in High Street Kensington, right by the tube station, and will run from 9.30am to 5.30pm on both 22nd March and 2nd April.
Professionals from different companies across a variety of industries will be in attendance (maximum number of delegates is 16).
Please get in touch for more information or to book your place on the course.
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally-recognised two day training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
At Wellbeing Partners, we can provide the Mental Health First Aid training course onsite at your workplace, in four sessions over two days, for groups of six to sixteen participants per training course. Everyone on the course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support anyone who is experiencing mental health issues.
Our fully-qualified and quality-assured Mental Health First Aid instructor delivers the training programme and is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
The training is designed to fit into four manageable chunks of learning:
- What is mental health?
- Suicide and depression – recognise the signs, first aid for depression, how to help someone who is suicidal
- Anxiety, eating disorders and self harm – recognising the signs, first aid, how to help
- Psychosis – recognising the signs, first aid for psychosis
The course will teach participants a deeper understanding of all the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health; teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues.
Course participants will receive a Mental Health First Aid manual and workbook, along with a certificate confirming they are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an Mental Health First Aid course:
- Raises mental health awareness
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
If you’d like to arrange a Mental Health First Aid training course for your workplace, please get in touch with Nick Winfield at [email protected] or call 07773 767248.