Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally-recognised two day training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
At Wellbeing Partners, we can provide the Mental Health First Aid training course onsite at your workplace, in four sessions over two days, for groups of six to sixteen participants per training course. Everyone on the course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support anyone who is experiencing mental health issues.
Our fully-qualified and quality-assured Mental Health First Aid instructor delivers the training programme and is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
The training is designed to fit into four manageable chunks of learning:
- What is mental health?
- Suicide and depression – recognise the signs, first aid for depression, how to help someone who is suicidal
- Anxiety, eating disorders and self harm – recognising the signs, first aid, how to help
- Psychosis – recognising the signs, first aid for psychosis
The course will teach participants a deeper understanding of all the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health; teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues.
Course participants will receive a Mental Health First Aid manual and workbook, along with a certificate confirming they are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an Mental Health First Aid course:
- Raises mental health awareness
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
If you’d like to arrange a Mental Health First Aid training course for your workplace, please get in touch with Nick Winfield at [email protected] or call 07773 767248.