The topic of this year’s event is “Loneliness”
Our new wellbeing workshop for employees – Building Connection and Belonging – provides relevant and timely methods and ideas for helping your employees to overcome isolation and loneliness
Loneliness is part of the human condition, and it is something that we all will experience in our lives. However, humans are a social species, one that has evolved to crave connection and prolonged periods of separation and loneliness have been shown to have a detrimental effect on our mental and physical health.
Living through a global pandemic has meant increased isolation for many as lockdowns and changing rules have limited interaction with others. Protracted home working has normalised disconnection and research has shown that this has caused unfortunate side-effects including increases in stress, anxiety, rumination and burnout. Loneliness is not something to be taken lightly and is affecting employees not only in the UK but across the globe.
The Mental Health Awareness Week theme for 2022 is Loneliness, and it provides a timely opportunity to support your employees to rebuild a sense of belonging and reduce feelings of isolation that are so pervasive across society at this time.
In our new one hour wellbeing workshop for employees – Building Connection and Belonging – we look at how we can change the narrative around loneliness, and rebuild a sense of connection through incremental, empowering changes. We explore how we can increase and improve the social bonds that are essential for our personal and professional lives.
The session looks at:
- The importance of human connection
- Research on the impact of loneliness on our physical and mental health
- How to rebuild bonds and boost social confidence through intentional connection activities
- Using self-care to build the self-esteem and resilience to manage periods of loneliness
- How to use social media effectively to undermine loneliness and build in person connection
- Effective ways of processing difficult emotions and boosting positive emotions
- Guidance on seeking further professional support
Contact [email protected] or complete the form below for more information or to book the Building Connection and Belonging wellbeing workshop for your employees